Sunday, September 19, 2010

Cancun Part 1 of...not sure!

Ok. No joke. It has taken me 2 weeks to get all of these pictures uploaded so I hope you enjoy them! Our family went to Cancun Aug. 14th thru 21st. It was both my men's first time on an airplane and to the ocean! They both did an ah-mazing job!! Bubba pretty much slept each take off and each descend. I just kept his passy in his mouth and he did amazing!!! He would only fuss on the plane when he was really getting tired.
The week, overall, was a pretty good time. Even though we were in Mexico, the resort, which was all inclusive, did not serve any Mexican food. The first day we got there, the gentleman who brought up our bags gave us a tour and said "Do NOT drink the water out of the faucet!" Ok, no problem. So we avoided the water. However, the day before we leave, Mi Madre had to be taken away from the resort in an ambulance for dehydration. The Dr. said she had an intestinal infection caused by food or drink. I should mention that all of us pretty much had the pookipsies starting on day 2 but the only one who had avoided meat all week was in the hospital!! It was a very scary moment. Not only was mi Madre being taken away in an ambulance but we were in a FOREIGN COUNTRY!!! Not just any foreign country...we were in Mexico. Just the thought of a hospital to get my Momma better in Mexico just didn't feel right to me!!! Oh yeah and did I mention that they required $2000 in hand before they would begin treatment! Yeah. You read correctly. No treatment until money was in hand! Gracious sakes!!! I only had two requests while they were at the hospital. One-schedule our pick up van for the next morning so we could get the heck outta there. Two-take Bubba to the water park one more time before we left which was the plan before the food poisoning!
However, like I said, overall we had a pretty good week!! We hung out by the pool, swam in the ocean, I stuck my head under water to go snorkeling with my man. Putting my head under water is a rarity for me because I freak out. The last time I went to do some laps I seriously hyperventilated and left the pool and rarely go swimming but because my man wanted to explore with his woman, I did it and I genuinely had a really good time!! They also had dinner theaters. It was alot of fun. The first one was Pirates of the Carrabean and the second was The Lion King. Bubba loved them! The actors would run around and thru the audience and there was alot of dancing which Bubba loves to watch!!
We also went deep sea fishing! It was my man's first time going so I decided that I would go with. Ugh! When we get on the boat we find out that the location we are going to is oh about 45 minutes away. Um little boat + big waves + smell of diesel fuel = queasy tummy! So we finally get to the spot and I'm thinkin' ok good, we can just float for a minute. Um no. We drive in circles!! Oh for the love. This aint good!!! Poor Ashley (Uncle Aaron's fiance). She opted not to take Dramamine because she didn't want to sleep on the boat (knocks one out!!) So she's trying to be brave and talk herself out of yacking. At one point, I look over and she is dripping sweat and overheating fast! The fisherman told her to hang her head over the edge of the boat as he dumps a bottle of water over her head. Yeah, poor thing yacked the entire way back!! We caught a total of 3 fish! Yep-3! Come to find out, these are the bait that were going to be used to catch the big 'ens that we were going to fish for on the way back. HA! We decided just to get back!!!
The next day was a big day! There was a tourist boat that took us out snorkeling. We were thinking off a beach or something. No! This was out in the middle of the ocean between our beach and an island which was the boat's destination. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!! The only reason I went was because a couple days before when I went exploring with my man he grabbed my hand under water which really calmed me down and I really enjoyed myself so I was willing to be brave again. But you take me out to the middle of this big ol' ocean and expect me to just willingly jump off this boat not knowing what creature is under me...you have got to be out of your mind!!! So, after a few moments of standing on the edge of the boat, quite the line of tourists waiting to get in the water behind me, and some encouraging words from my family...i did it!! And oh what a cluster this was!! We had to hold on to this rope that was attached to the boat which was still cruisin' a smidge. Well everyone and their mother who jumped in were all trying to hold on the same piece of the rope at the end of the line!! We had a mom and her daughter floatin' away because they weren't holding on to the rope trying to get the little girl's goggles on her little face. So we assembled a line of legs and arms to get them back to the rope!! Then you have my love who is so excited that he doesn't even care about the rope and is just meandering around. "Oh for the love babe, the boat is driving away and you are drifting away come on JUST HOLD THE DANG ROPE!!" His typical response "I'm fine babe!" Ha. But yes he was fine and after everyone was in the water and we could then let go of the rope because it was no longer cruisin' away, it was a really good time! There were star fish, a sea turtle, schools of fish! My man dove down and got himself a shell for Bubba which was then taken away from him and thrown back in the water by the tour guide "Sorry Senor!" (lip twitch :~) Once we got to the island we were walking up the dock and there were people swimmin' with a shark! Oh yeah! We did it! Of course I was freakin' out because the dang thing kept whippin' it's tail around my legs UUUUHHHH!!! Those pictures weren't taken on my camera though :( I'm tryin to convince a certain someone to hijack my blog and upload her pictures for me..we'll see...
So after a week filled with pookipsies, adventures, sea sickness, and a trip the the hospital due to food poisoning, I'd say it's safe to say we won't be goin' back to Mexico any time soon :) But hey, it was fun and at least we can say we'd been to another country!! Here are some pics from the trip...

This is at 5 am waitin' to get our bags checked! So thought Bubba would fall back asleep on the way to the airport! So wrong, he did fall asleep though right before take off...




1st timers!!

On the tram with Uncle Aaron at the Minneapolis Airport

Playin' w/ Grani Jani...













Pictures of the resort...





























Little bit scared the first night because he was so tired :( It was just alot of water in the ocean that was freakin' him out! He was literally shaking in my arms and at the point I was over it too!!!















Yeah had NO idea this was going on!!!







And this is where Bubba learned to pull himself up in bed aaaand continued to do so once we got home!!

Don't worry I sanitized :)

Ok yeah. New parents ok!! No ideal that the little swimmers ripped on the side! It took Daddy a good while to change a poopy diaper :)



















A starfish they found in the ocean and wanted to keep! Pretty sure it was still alive so I made them throw it back!



Yeah lizards like crickets in Mexico!

Another fun diaper change!



Uncle Aaron on the jetski!

Daddy on the jetski! This was fun! However, when you are on the back of a jetski with someone who is a bit more ballsy than you...you don't make it the entire duration of the rental time :)



Bubba ate good!! I'd give him breakfast in the room before we'd go down..same thing with lunch and dinner...but he liked the rolls and plain noodles and jello :)




This itty bitty thang ran into our room!! We wouldn't have known it but Uncle Aaron and Ashley were walking down the hallway and saw it run into a room and then realized it was ours! We found it in the pile of dirty clothes!!

A storm came through! I love watchin' storms come in over the ocean!









Daddy wanted one of those coconuts to take home!



Grani Jani and Bubba watchin' us load up on the deep sea fishin' boat...
"That's mu boa-t"















Ashley before she started up-chucking! And the poor thing only sat in the seat so her legs wouldn't give out while standing! Then they got a fish on the line and since she was there she had to bring 'em in...she wasn't happy! Ha!

That-a-baby Auntie Lish!!

Yeah..the bait!

Daddy's 1st time WOOT!

This is the boat that we took snorkeling and to the other island for the mini day trip...

The resort from the boat...







Bubba showin' the Captain how it's done :) Um and yes. The captain proceeded to take Bubba out of my mom's arms while on the boat! FA-REAK OUT!! Don't you be touchin' my baby!!!! There were nets in the front of the boat that you could lay on and get splashed by the water underneat and that's where Daddy and I were until the crazy guy stearin' the boat took my baby!
The island we were headed to...



Ha! Funny!

Readin' up on Mexico...





The hat clan...

Fulfilling our request last day at the waterpark...







Gettin' a little corageous!









Gettin' splashed by the big bucket of water...

Oh stink it's sideways :/

So excited to be goin' home!!





No comments:

Post a Comment